Roasted Acorn Squash with Black Beans
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 2 Medium Acorn Squash (cut in half)
- 4 oz. Julienne Sun Dried Tomatoes in oil
- 2 TB chopped fresh Cilantro
- 1 Ts Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup cooked black beans
- 1 Ts Cumin
- 1/2 Ts Salt
- 1/4 Ts Black Pepper
- 4 oz. French Feta Cheese (crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut squash in half, remove the seeds with a tablespoon, then divide olive oil and add to each squash. Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and add the squash. Cover lightly with foil.
- Place the squash in oven and roast for approx. 45-50 minutes or until soft. Then remove from oven and let cool.
- Create the filling. In a medium bowl, stir together the sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro, hot sauce, black beans, cumin, salt, pepper and Feta cheese.
- Divide the filling in half and place in squash.
- Serve at room temperature or warm in 250° oven for 10 minutes.